The Bus is on Us!
Thanks to support from the Winona Foundation, a bus fund is available at the Minnesota Marine Art Museum. MMAM reimburses schools for the cost of busing students to the Museum. Schedule your tour with MMAM and access the Winona Foundation Bus Fund today! Some restrictions may apply. Full or partial reimbursement for buses is based on availability of grant funding at the discretion of MMAM staff. Contact Curator of Education Heather Casper at 507-474-6626 or email@example.com for availability.
The Minnesota Marine Art Museum is committed to working with teachers to develop tours that meet specific curriculum needs in all subject areas. Please remember that the Museum is not just for art classes! We encourage teachers to work with us to design a tour that connects with any subject area. Your feedback and input are always welcome!
- Available for pre-school through college and graduate school students
- Minimum 10 students, maximum 50
- Tour must be scheduled at least three weeks prior to tour date.
- Tours are available between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Tours are typically one hour in length and include a variety of interactive strategies for exploring artwork.
- There must be a minimum of one adult chaperone for every 10 students. If students are under the age of 5, we then require one chaperone for every 5 students.
- Tours cost $2 per student (teachers and the appropriate number of adult chaperones admitted free).
- If teachers would like to add on an additional hour-long related classroom activity, cost is $4 per student.
- Pencils may be used in the galleries if prior arrangements have been made.
- Tips for chaperoning a museum tour will be sent with your confirmation letter.
Online Teacher Resources
Free Student Tuesdays
The MMAM is free for students of any age every Tuesday. This free admission policy excludes docent-led tour groups, however it does allow teachers to integrate their curriculum with the Museum without financial barriers. Students should be prepared to show a valid Student ID upon arrival.