Part Time Visitor Experience Associate
The Minnesota Marine Art Museum (MMAM) is seeking a part-time (30 hours/week) Visitor Experience Associate to work at the front desk to welcome visitors, take admissions and complete museum store transactions.
Hours and Compensation
The position is part-time (30 hours/week), non-benefited, working Thursdays-Sundays from 9:30 AM-5:00 PM. Compensation is $13/hour.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Square point of sale system or the ability to learn new computer software quickly
- Retail or customer service experience preferred
- Museum or arts organization experience preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations
Visitor Services: Create and maintain a welcoming and inspiring environment
- Comfortable being “the face” of the museum, as you’ll welcome and engage with all visitors and volunteers to MMAM
- Proactively and warmly welcomes guests, responds to questions, and offers assistance – always showing the highest quality of customer service
- Creates and maintains a positive and inviting experience for Museum visitors, that is conducive to repeat visits, new and renewing memberships, and positive word of mouth for MMAM
- Handles all transactions (admissions fees, memberships, donations, gift shop purchases, etc.) that are conducted at front desk
- Thoughtfully and proactively promotes MMAM memberships and benefits, keeping in mind MMAM’s vision of being a visual art institution dedicated to community engagement and the exhibition and interpretation of great art inspired by water
- Knows, shares, and promotes upcoming exhibitions, education programs, and events
- Assist retail manager, including receiving and shipping packages, counting inventory, restocking, and general store upkeep
- Welcomes, supports, and gets to know MMAM volunteers during their shifts, building rapport and showing gratitude to all as valued members of the team
- Other duties as assigned and needed
Able lift 10 pounds; combination of sitting and standing for scheduled shifts; occasional use of rolling, step ladder
How to apply
- Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply. Position open until filled.