The Minnesota Marine Art Museum is thrilled to have been awarded an arts access grant from
the Minnesota State Arts Board to collaborate with the community to co-create eight accessible
art program days called Second Saturdays.
Each Second Saturday will offer:
- $1 Admission: MMAM members and Children 4 and under are always free.
- Guided Tours: Choose from three different 30-minute tours.
- Art-Making Activities: Two unique crafts adaptable for all ages and abilities will be offered all day long.
- Special Programming: Each month will feature different programming depending on the theme. Expect artist demonstrations, live music, dancing, and participatory experiences.
Second Saturday: Women in Art
March 10th, 10am-5pm
Guided tours. Meet at the front desk to join a at the times listed below. Take one, or do all three!
Tour Option 1:
- Highlights of the Minnesota Marine Art Museum
- Explore artworks specially selected from MMAM's collections on this 30 minute tour.
- Tours times: 10:00am; 11:30am; 12:30pm; 1:30pm; 2:30pm; 3:30pm; 4:30pm
Tour Option 2:
- The Women of MMAM: Morisot, O’Keeffe, Cassatt, and more!
- Join us as we meet some of the women artists on display at MMAM. This 30 minute tour will look at 4 paintings by women artists such ask Georgia O'Keeffe, Mary Cassatt and more.
- Tour times: 10:30am; 12:00pm; 1:00pm; 2:00pm; 4:00pm
Tour Option 3:
- Kid’s Tour!
- This fun, interactive 20 minute tour is for designed for young art lovers 12 and under and their parents.
- Tours times: 11:00am; 3;00pm
- Fluistry, a women’s flute ensemble, with be performing throughout the day
- Special programming with artist Mary Solberg
Art-Making Activities for All
- Art-marking activities for all ages and abilities will be offered all day in the Oberton Education Room
Cookies n’ Comments! Tell Us What you Think
- A big part of the Second Saturday program is to make sure that we serve our audiences- people of all ages, abilities, backgrounds with dignity and respect. Take a moment to enjoy a free cookie will offering your feedback.
- Give us your feedback online by clicking HERE.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.